Nutrition education is an important component of this Program. Making food choices for a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as using these 10 Tips. Use the ideas in the list to balance your calories, to choose foods to eat more often, and to cut back on foods that are not so healthy.
www.ChooseMyPlate.gov – Click here to learn more about balancing a healthy diet and many more healthy tips like the “Choose My Plate” 10 Tips to a great plate:
- Balance Calories.
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
- Add more vegetables, fruits, and healthy grains to your day.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk
- Make at least half your grains whole grains
- Cut back on foods high in solid fats, added sugars, and salt.
- Compare sodium in foods.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks